Greenwood Village is an idyllic destination located in Arapahoe County, situated southeast of Denver. Residents and visitors alike are welcomed to experience the abundance of amenities this city has to offer, including golf courses, trails for hiking and biking, shopping centers with unique items from all over the world, a variety of restaurants offering exquisite cuisines ranging from Italian to Thai dishes – not forgetting its excellent school system which also makes it a favorable choice for families who value safety. Additionally, Greenwood Village is ideal for anyone seeking a balance between urban comforts and awe-inspiring natural beauty. With its proximity to Denver, residents can access various outdoor activities such as skiing, snowboarding, and hiking. Moreover, Greenwood Village provides a low cost of living with high quality of life - it's no surprise that this charming town has become one of Colorado's most popular places to live!
The city of Greenwood Village is a great place to do business or start a new career. With its vibrant economy, excellent transportation and communication infrastructure, access to resources, and talented workforce, businesses can thrive in this vibrant community. The city has an active Chamber of Commerce and Economic Development Partnership that provides invaluable support to local businesses. Furthermore, Greenwood Village is home to several corporate campuses providing an ideal environment for business owners. Greenwood Village has everything you need to succeed, whether you're looking to start a new venture or expand an existing business.
Greenwood Village is the spot for you if you desire a secure, lively atmosphere with plentiful opportunities and optimal quality of life! From its breathtaking scenery to premium amenities and high standard of living, it's an ideal place that caters to families and businesses. With all these great attributes combined in one location, why look anywhere else? Discover how wonderful Greenwood Village can be by making it your new home today!
Nestled in the foothills of Colorado 67 years ago, Greenwood Village was a quaint rural area with farms and dairies scattered across its landscape. At that time, only 500 people called it home. It combines rural and urban elements uniquely, boasting nationally acclaimed business parks and residential areas. As you peruse our history, you will discover the efforts and incredible milestones that have molded Greenwood Village into what it is now. Both citizens, elected officials, and corporate leaders are invigorated to safeguard their quality of life. With a shared goal of making Greenwood Village an amazing place for all, these individuals have been working relentlessly towards this mission. Not only that, but they've also demonstrated their commitment to progress by bravely stepping up as facilitators of change and motivating others with exemplary leadership, ingenious planning, and conservation endeavors.
The Village has a distinguished past that dates back to the Native Americans and pioneers among its first inhabitants. Later, during the 1860s, fortune seekers from across America flocked to this region in search of gold.
Rufus Clark, a Colorado pioneer, was the first to purchase 160 acres along the Platte River. He grew potatoes and eventually acquired an impressive 20,000 acres in total - much of Greenwood Village east of Holly Street included! Before long, this beautiful area bloomed with plentiful orchards consisting of cherry trees and apple, apricot, plum, and pear trees that flourished during the early 1900s.
While Rufus Clark was developing the massive Clark Colony east of Holly Street, Cyrus G. Richardson, another immigrant, had already established the Greenwood Ranch. An 1899 farm map showed eight reservoirs located between Steele Street and Stanford Avenue in the northwest to Garden Avenue and Dahlia street on the southeast, which encompassed half of Glenmoor of Cherry Hills Village as well as Horseshoe Park & The Preserve in Greenwood Village - inspiring its name "Greenwood Ranch."
In the 1930s and '40s, Greenwood Ranch was where farmers, suburbanites, and people from Denver would come to their "country homes" for summer. But when 1950 came around, concerns arose that development coming southwards from Denver would negatively impact the peaceful way of life many villagers enjoyed. Charles "Rollie" Enos heard these worries and took it upon himself to chair an event at Curtis School to rally supporters behind his vision of creating a new town, one he proposed should be named "Greenwood Village" after its historic namesake ranch.
On September 8, 1950, Greenwood Village held an election to become formally incorporated as a town. There was a tight vote of 74-64 from the entire voting population of 138 people - but ultimately, the small rural community emerged victorious and became known as the Town of Greenwood Village, with Charles Enos elected its first mayor.
1.The Landmark Theatre in Greenwood Village. It is a historic theater in the Denver, Colorado, area. It was built in the 1920s and restored to its original grandeur. Rich in Art Deco style, the Landmark Theatre boasts an expansive lobby and intricate details that contribute to its unique ambiance. Offering a capacity of 1000 people, it's no wonder why locals and visitors flock here for entertainment offerings like live concerts, comedy shows, and film screenings - you name it! Of course, this hot spot is also available to host private events such as weddings, corporate gatherings, or parties. The Landmark Theater remains ever-committed to maintaining its historic integrity while providing a memorable experience each time one visits.
2. Westland Park. It is the perfect place to explore nature and spend quality time with family. With an array of outdoor activities like playgrounds, picnic areas, walking trails, and ponds teeming with wildlife - there's something for everyone at this picturesque park! Open year-round, Westland offers a tranquil escape from bustling city life where you can exercise your body and mind amidst stunning natural beauty.
3. Peak View Brewing Company LLC. If you're looking for a remarkable, one-of-a-kind brewery experience, this is the place to go! The establishment lies just 20 minutes away from Downtown Denver off I-25 and Arapahoe Road. They have 18 taps of locally crafted beer that embody their brewing philosophy with an adventurous spirit.
4. Village Greens Park North. It is an idyllic park perfect for the whole family. A playground, picnic areas, open space, and a tranquil lake surrounded by various winding trails that cater to all skill levels - walking paths, both paved and natural surfaces - offer something special for everyone! You'll also find restrooms and drinking fountains conveniently available while taking part in nature's beauty or playing with your children. Whether you're looking to stroll through the woods or host an unforgettable outdoor party, Village Greens Park North promises delightful experiences that will last forever.
5. Epic Escape Game. Test your problem-solving skills! A thrilling and perplexing entertainment experience for people of all ages. Step into one of their four themed rooms - "Kidnapped," "Zombie Apocalypse," "Sherlock Holmes," or "Espionage" - with up to 8 players and see if you can unravel the secrets before time runs out! Exercise your cleverness seven days a week when you visit Epic Escape Game; join in on the fun today!
6. InVINtions, A Creative Winery. It is a one-of-a-kind winemaking experience located in Greenwood Village, Colorado. Here customers can mix and match different grape varieties to create custom blends of wine that reflect their tastes. With access to a variety of classes and events as well as an exclusive membership program offering discounts on wines, InVINtions provides the perfect opportunity for novices and experts alike to learn more about wine while having fun!
7. Arapahoe Bowling Center. It is a bowling alley that offers recreational and competitive bowling opportunities for people of all ages and skill levels. It likely features a variety of lanes, bowling balls, shoes, and other equipment, as well as amenities such as a snack bar, arcade games, and other forms of entertainment. They may also offer leagues, tournaments, and other special events.
8. Upstairs Circus. It is a bar-meets-shop-class concept- or D.I.Y. Bar- where people can gather together to create unique leatherworking, woodworking, jewelry making, D.I.Y., art & design projects while enjoying craft cocktails, beer & wine. Join Upstairs Circus to DO MORE with your night out! Jammin' music, lively atmosphere, delicious cocktails.
9. Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen. With its renowned high-quality dishes featuring an irresistible selection of oysters, shrimp, crab, and fish - not to mention yummy steak and chicken meals, too - it's no wonder why this restaurant has become such an instant hit among families and friends alike. The relaxed ambiance and exuberant service make dining here particularly enjoyable! Experience a true seafood paradise!
10. The Original Pancake House - Cherry Hills. It is a popular breakfast and brunch spot known for its delicious pancakes and other classic breakfast dishes. Enjoy a tasty breakfast or lunch with friends and family in this restaurant's cozy, casual atmosphere. Our menu offers abundant options, from delicious pancakes like buttermilk, whole wheat, and Dutch Baby to creative omelets, crepes, waffles, and beyond! You can find sandwiches and salads as your delicious midday meal choice from one location to another. Get ready for a delightful dining experience that could vary depending on which franchise concept you visit today! Overall, The Original Pancake House - Cherry Hills is a great option for anyone looking for a tasty and satisfying breakfast or brunch in Greenwood Village.
Whether you're looking for outdoor activities, distinctive sights and sounds, exquisite cuisine, or soul-soothing libations - Greenwood Village, Colorado, has it all! Explore the amazing experiences this city offers and be captivated by its charm!
|Monday||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|Tuesday||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|Wednesday||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|Thursday||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|Friday||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|Saturday||10:00am - 2:00pm|